Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back to Workforce Development

Years ago when the kids were small and we all were very ill, I ended up going onto Aid to Families with Dependant Children, in part for the medical benefits. I mention this because dealing with those folks is like dealing with "The Unemployment/Workforce Development" people. They drag you out to see them regularly with little discernable progress. They take your time, make you wait, even when there is no one else in sight, and you have an appointment.

That is the majority of what I did including getting ready to go, waiting, having the meeting, driving back and forth. Of course, since I was out I did other errands: grocery, pharmacy, and gas station. I try to do things in batches so I don't run out with the car for just one thing. About the only place I go all by itself is the Post Office since I walk there.

I also posted to my blogs, took care of email, spent time with meal preparation, and phone calls but that is part of a normal day for me. I did some other housework things and called the day over. I may be having company this weekend so I'm trying to get ahead on that. It just amazes me how much time everything takes me lately but I will grant I am doing a bit more spring cleaning and housekeeping these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home