Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Another Bureaucracy to Contend with Now

Today I have to attend a Workforce Development Re-employment Seminar since I have been selected. Somehow I get confused when "selected" and "mandatory" are in the same sentence.

So that I am ahead of the curve, I printed resumes, cover letters, references, and a set of mapquest directions and put them in my leather portfolio. I do however draw the line at getting dressed up for this farce. I'm afraid that the three hours they are designating as an orientation will be reduced by the lowest denominator (IE the dumbest person in the room).

I'm trying to change my attitude so I am planning on listening to "It's Better to Laugh" by Kathy Levine on the way there. I will also write up the experience when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home