Wednesday, April 01, 2009

UC

Unemployment Compensation may be a necessary evil but it's a time waster. Like many bureaucracies they have their share of ridiculous rules and processes but this week they took the cake! They are requiring I attend (excuse me I was "selected to participate" ) a 3 hour orientation but first to go online and register.

To register involved typing my resume, cover letter and references. No upload or even cut and paste was allowed just the drudgery of non stop typing for hours. First the demographic data then the other items which could have easily been an upload. That could have cut the time drain by at least half.

Now I can't wait to see what the "next chapter of this drama" at their orientation will bring. Too bad this wan't just a bad dream or an April Fools prank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home