Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Unemployment Meeting Was Not So Bad

Well it wasn't as bad as I expected. Perhaps that was because there were 10 of us out here in the boon docks instead of the 50 or so that met when I did this in Milwaukee. I always said it was lowest common denominator driving the group and with 10 that wasn't that low.

I learned a few things and will be going to a meeting next week to see if I can qualify for money to go to school. At least with an associates degree I would have more education than I have now (on paper). In Milwaukeee I was okay with the on the job training but out here more formal education is more respected.

They will also be doing a critique on my resume and they have a workshop on interviewing that I can count as a job search. The meeting I went to can be counted also. There are resources there I was unaware of but mostly they can provide internet enabled computers, reference materials, and their jobnet all of which I can reach from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home