Saturday, April 25, 2009

Time off for Good Behavior

Since Thursday was Webinar Day, I had worked late, but Friday I got ready to go into town in the morning. I had a nail appointment, visited my best friend, and then had a get together with my Girlfriends Group. We had a great time at a new Tapas place in Waukesha called Generations. We had about 16 ladies attending so we had four separate tables.

Tapas is the name for appetizers or small plates in Spanish Cuisine. They are meant to be shared over a glass of wine. They started when one of the Spanish kings was recovering from an illness had small dishes with a glass of wine between meals. Then he ordered taverns to serve them when wine was ordered. Later meat topped bread was used to cover sherry glasses to prevent fruit flies in the sweet wine.

We had both cold and hot, savory and sweet. I'm not a wine drinker but had a Diet Coke, which is usually my drink of choice, (both with and without rum). Please no Diet Pepsi for me.

The four of us at the table made suggestions and we ordered one item each instead of the two per person the server suggested. Pecan Crusted Chicken was accompanied by four Roasted Asparagus Spears and a small chunk of Scalloped Potatoes, the Crusty French Bread included Parmesan Cheese, Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Herbs, and Roasted Garlic for dipping, the Crab Cakes had Remolade drizzled on the plate, and the Caprese Salad (Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, and chunks of Tomato) was drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar. Then we were offered lettuce wraps with spicy chicken.

Each item was delicious and filling so we debated dessert. We finally opted to try one of each dessert offered: Tiramisu and Flour-less Chocolate Cake. They were small pieces but enough for a couple of small bites each. We shared them with the ladies at the next table. The place was definitely a hit but don't go if you are in a hurry. I would say a minimum of two hours and more time than that would be good if you plan to visit this place.

Today I went out in monsoon type rains to go to yoga (seriously we had a weather alarm and my computer modem and router both had to be rebooted twice during the day). I drove through flooding so bad that I hoped I could make it over the water without flooding the engine. Yoga did calm me down and helped to unkink my spine. (I really miss my Yoga lady on TV in the morning.)

I stopped to get an oil change because the oil light was on and I'm burning oil so badly its black in color. The car is a whole other story since I blew the engine just before I lost my job. I had it repaired but they were unable to completely restore my compression. I don't know what got into them but those boys decided I just needed a quart of oil and I should come back in 1000 miles since that is what my sticker said. They topped me off at no charge.

All in all a good day! I just need to work later in the day today to make up for the shift in schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home