Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rent Assistance

One of the things you need to consider when you are unemployed is alternate ways to bring in some money. Health and Human Services/Workforce Development will have some things that can help (like my $16 a month) food stamps, Badger Care, Resume Classes, and other programs that are not even a part of their organization (found pamphlets for the free clinic at their office). Mostly they can chew up your time if you are not careful.

The next thing I have to do is I need a review on my Food Stamps. Now its actually a card much like a debit card instead of paper slips to keep track of like they used in the past. These cards can be used in any supermarket and even at the Dane County Farmers Market.

Currently I don't qualify for much including rent assistance or heat assistance. After the first of the year its a different story, so January 2 if I'm not working (or maybe if I have to take something less than I used to make) I'll be applying for both of these.

In addition to assistance from the state and federal government there are private agencies. The free clinic is an agency run by donations. Community Action Coalition is a place to apply for rent help as is St Vincent de Paul. WHEDA has a program I spent many hours investigating to determine I'm not eligible.

Thats my major dilemma, anything that works off last years income, I made too much money then to qualify for now. After the first of the year its totally different since my income is below poverty level now. Unless something changes that soon. (I'm thinking multiple streams of income just may do that by then.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home