Friday, May 22, 2009

Linked In

Yesterday was consumed by errands starting with a clinic in a nearby town. I ran so hard I ended up with a blister on my toe. Oh well I guess its flip flops for the weekend. I do need a change of scenery but before I go there are always so many things to do.

Today I am going to a Meetup for Linked In and then its off for the long weekend. Linked in is a Professional Networking Website that allows you to network not only with who you know but with who they know as well. I'm always willing to get some new ideas on how to better promote myself. I guess learning self promotion is a big part of reinventing myself again.

Speaking of self promotion I have to get a cover letter done before I can go. The City has a job opening that could be perfect. I could involve myself in the workings of local government (at a very low level) and get back to work at the same time. I could be close enough to walk which would be a good thing for me health wise.

Maybe some of my networking will pay off. (I was told about the job by one of the local grocery checkers.) I actually have been having a lot of job conversations lately with people I might not have confided in at another time. I guess I am getting over the whole shock of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home