Thursday, May 20, 2010

Energy Assistance

Now I kind of wish I had recorded the trials and tribulations but instead will have to summarize. As you can imagine being unemployed has taken its toll financially and continues to be an issue.

I have finally qualified for energy assistance which has finished paying my winter heat bills. The city I live in has a self funded program for our electricity and water. Once I explained how tight things are, that I am going to school, and showed my income they forgave the current bill and more bills into the summer. Whoo hoo I finally have two nickles to rub together but that's only a dime so don't get too excited.

After I went to energy assistance they sent a second check but it takes a while for WE Energies to record it. Try a whole month! I went ahead and paid the May bill so I would not be late but it finally caught up. Now I have a credit that reduces the current bill. I wonder when we review my budget agreement?

I know its harder to apply in the big city, in some ways, due to long lines and bad areas where the offices are located. Small towns have their own obstacles like everyone knowing your business.

Moral of the story: when you ask for help, sometimes you get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home