Thursday, January 14, 2016

First Days

It's been too long since I updated this blog. So from my first in-person job interview at this place on Oct 7, I finally went to work for them on Tuesday for a temp to hire job, but I did an in-person interview on Monday for another job. The people I am working with are very nice and invited me out to a lavish Italian dinner Wednesday night. It was delightful!

On my way to the dinner, I arranged a meeting with the investors of the other company. I put on my best game face and now I'm waiting for an offer of some kind. Then I will make a decision. Waiting is hard, so I am just doing it one day at a time.

Currently, I am taking 3 classes (2 of which are almost over), working, and doing all sorts of events I had organized while unemployed. They are on a website called Meetup, which is an online way to organize events with people you are acquainted with or are new friends waiting to meet you. Most groups have a common interest.

The one I am a co-organizer for is simply arranged by geography and age (50+ although no one checks ID's so we get a few close to 50). My group is also 50+ but more lenient with it being open to all single or married. So I host dinners, walks, movies, outings to museums, classes, craft nights, and anything else I can think of at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home