Thursday, June 19, 2014

I need a new job - updated

Originally published on 8-10-13     Updated 6-19-14

Those of you who are close friends know I am on a job search but this is for my more casual readers. Recently my employer cut some of my compensation, (my mileage reimbursement), to the tune of $250 a month. This really hurts on a job where I am making less than I did back in the 90's. If any of you know of a job opening for a business manager or accounting professional with lots of experience please let me know where I can apply.

I am not averse to relocating for something that would pay in excess of $40K but would like to stay in the contiguous 48. Since my days of wearing heels are over (I hope), I would prefer not to be employed with an extremely formal employer. I am both a hard worker and extremely accurate.

My background is quite varied but I do have experience as an AP Supervisor, have done Fund Accounting (with 500+ funds, in 5 corporations), and have done payroll with both ADP and Paychex. There are also years as a Business Manager where I paid all the bills, developed contracts, prepared fee schedules, did collections, applied payments, answered phones, and provided all manner of functions in at least a backup position. I have worked with online banking in a variety of situations.

My extensive experience with Microsoft Products such as Excel, Access, and Word was enhanced a couple of years ago when I went back to school to learn the "new" Microsoft with the "button" and "ribbon". There were other IT classes taken as well and I did make the Dean's List.

If anyone has a lead I can follow I would appreciate an email at christy.shane@gmail.com. Thanks!


Update: I finally found a great job,doing work I like,  near home, and am sitting at my desk in jeans and Crocks (which would be acceptable every day according to my boss). We have a friendly relationship and he tells me all the time "not to cheat myself on hours I worked", he compliments me often, buys lunch several times a month, as well as, stocking my brand of soda, (his brands are different), ice, and bottled water in our full size fridge. I guess perseverance worked out in the long run. Best wishes to all who are in the "No Job" or "Underemployed" situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home